DC Black History Night Tour
The Best Night Tour of DC! We take you off the beaten path!
Please note: Please call or text 202-340-2017 before booking to confirm availability of the date you desire. We do not advise driving to the start location; please use metro or taxi but if you wish to drive there is a metro parking facility at the opposite end of the Anacostia Station).
At Capital Buddy Tours we want you to #seemoreofdc which is why we start our tours in Southeast DC in front of the Anacostia Metro Station (Howard Rd. exit) and work our way over to Northwest DC. In doing so we get off the beaten path to explore some of the “untold history” of DC and we give you the Best panoramic view of DC at night. This tour is offered Sunday through Saturday and seating is limited to 14.
- You’ll get the history of and travel through Barry Farms which is the first African American contraband camp in southeast. It is where the first African American to work for the Smithsonian,Solomon Brown, lived
- You’ll see site of the first African American school on Capitol Hill
- You’ll learn about the contraband camp at Duff’s Green Row which is currently the site of the Library of Congress
- You’ll learn the history of Israel Bethel AME which was located where the Rayburn House Office building now sits
- You’ll learn how the front door of the White House is aligned with the North Star
- We’ll drive through Howard University and along the U St. corridor
- You will see historical Black Churches
- You’ll visit a Historical Cemetery where runaway slaves actually hid on the Underground Railroad
- The sites of the Snow Riots of 1835
- The Pearl Affair of 1848
- The MLK Memorial
- The legendary Howard Theater
- You’ll learn about people like Phillip Reid, Henry McNeal Turner, Benjamin Banneker, Rev. Patrick F. Healy, and Alfred Pope, just to name a few
- This tour is about 3 to 3 1/2 hours long and there is one rest room stop at the MLK Memorial which is about an hour and a half into the tour. The tour will end at Ben’s Chili Bowl at 13th and U St. NW on Metro’s Green Line (We do not recommend this tour for small children).
Departs from Anacostia Metro Station in front of the Howard Rd exit at 7pm please arrive by 6:45pm and we will end at Ben’s Chili Bowl at 13th and U St. NW
|Departs Anacostia Green Line Metro Station(Howard Rd. exit) in Southeast, DC and ends at the African American Civil War Memorial at 10th and U street NW|
|DEPARTURE TIME 7pm||Please arrive by 6:455 PM for a prompt departure at 7:00 PM.|
The Tour will conclude at Ben’s Chili Bowl on U Street in Northwest, D.C.
|Price||Adult, Child, Senior|
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Lunch at a popular Soul Food destination
Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
Child rate applies only when touring with 2 paying adults.
Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Local operator information: Capital Buddy Limo LLC
- Live commentary on board Driver/guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Food and drinks
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Departure time 6:30 p.m.
10th & U Street NW, Washington, DC