DC Black History Night Tour
We’ll show you DC like you’ve never seen it before…
Black Lives Matter Plaza is now included on our Night Tour…
our day and night tours are different and we can customize a tour for your group or family reunion…
(We now offer private tours text for details)
Text before you book to verify availability…
The Best Night Tour of DC! We take you off the beaten path!
Please note: We do not advise driving to the start location; please use metro or taxi but if you wish to drive there is a metro parking facility at the opposite end of the Anacostia Station).
At Capital Buddy Tours we want you to #seemoreofdc which is why we start our tours in Southeast DC in front of the Anacostia Metro Station (Howard Rd. exit) and work our way over to Northwest DC. In doing so we get off the beaten path to explore some of the “untold history” of DC and we give you the Best panoramic view of DC at night. Children 4 and under are free and only one child per family because of limited seating and please notify us when bringing a child.
- You’ll get the history of and travel through Barry Farms which is the first African American contraband camp in southeast. It is where the first African American to work for the Smithsonian,Solomon Brown, lived
- You’ll see the home where Marion Barry lived
- You’ll learn how the front door of the White House is aligned with the North Star
- You’ll see the Marion Barry Statue
- You’ll visit the former Freedman’s Bank building across the street from the White House
- You’ll see the site of a Slave Auction Block in the Senate Circle
- The sites of the Snow Riots of 1835
- MLK memorial ( restroom stop )
- The Lincoln Memorial
- The Carter G Woodson park
- The tour will end at Ben’s Chili Bowl at 13th and U St. NW on Metro’s Green Line (We do not recommend this tour for small children).
Departs from Anacostia Metro Station in front of the Howard Rd exit at 7pm please arrive by 6:45pm and we will end at Ben’s Chili Bowl at 13th and U St. NW
|Departs Anacostia Green Line Metro Station(Howard Rd. exit) in Southeast, DC and ends at Ben’s Chili Bowl at 13th and U St. NW|
|DEPARTURE TIME 7pm||Please arrive by 6:455 PM for a prompt departure at 7:00 PM.|
The Tour will conclude at Ben’s Chili Bowl on U Street in Northwest, D.C.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Lunch at a popular Soul Food destination
In Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
Child rate applies only when touring with 2 paying adults.
Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Local operator information: Capital Buddy Limo LLC
- Live commentary on board Driver/guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Food and drinks
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Departure time 6:30 p.m.
10th & U Street NW, Washington, DC